Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The saga continues, and the lies change

Please look at the previous posts to see the beginning of the story.

After having White Bluff Resort cancel our appointment twice, I asked the person who called to cancel the last time to have customer service call me.  After waiting a week, no one had called, so I called them.  Customer service is apparently based with Eagle Rock Resort in Pennsylvania, and they answer the phone "Double Diamond".

The story got interesting.

as a recap:

The first time they canceled, I was told they had to cancel because we did not meet the "new" qualifications that had changed.  They had changed after I received the offer in the mail, and after I had called to make the appointment.  When I made the appointment, the lady asked me if I met the qualification's, and went over them with me.

Then, apparently after I complained, they 'allowed me' to make a second appointment based on the original qualifications.  3 days before the appointment, they called to cancel it because this time I was told that people had called in sick.

Now, when I called customer service, I was told by the woman that the offer had been sent to me by mistake.  That the mailing company had sent it without authorization,  and they did not market to our area.

I asked why none of the other 3 times I had talked to people from Double Diamond, or White Bluff no one had  a problem with where I lived.  She  didn't have a good reason for it.   When I told her the sequence of events, and what had been said by the people who called, she got quiet and said she would have to check on it and call me back.  That was yesterday morning.   She promised to call me back yesterday afternoon.

I'm still waiting on that call.

I can't come up with any reason for all the cancellations, and different stories I'm being told other than White Bluff, AKA Double Diamond Properties is trying to keep me from receiving the free gift they offered.  This based on the fact that I was honest with them when I have spoken to them and told them we would not be likely to buy anything.

I hope people hear about my complaint against White Bluff Resort aka Double Diamond Resort Properties.  It seems the free golf club offer is a scam.  Looks like bait and switch to me.

Beware

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they sent something in the mail, and didn't honor it, wouldn't that be mail fraud?

Maybe you could complain to the post office. I hear they take that serious.

Mike Stevenson
Dallas Texas

Mister Fixit said...

Mike,
I hadn't thought of that. I'll consider it.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me YOU ARE A MOOCH That complains about STUPID THINGS..